- 1 packet Yeast
- 1½ cup Warm Water
- 2 tsp Sugar
- 4-1/2 cup All-purpose Flour
- 1 tsp toasted Sesame Seeds
- 1½ tsp Salt
- Mix yeast, water and sugar in a measuring cup. Continue to mix until the yeast is dissolved.
- Combine flour and salt in a large mixing bowl. Add the yeast water mixture and make dough.
- Knead the dough for 10-15 minutes with your hands.
- Place the dough ball in an oiled bowl. Roll it around the bowl to coat with oil.
- Cover the dough and let it rise for 1-1 ½ hours, or until it just doubles in size.
- As the dough doubles, punch it down to release the air. Knead for another 5 minutes.
- Divide the dough into 8 balls. Cover and let them rise for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to a temperature of 400 degrees F.
- Roll the dough pieces out, to make thin rectangles. The rectangles should be as thin as pizza dough.
- Using a fork, puncture the rectangles.
- Brush the rectangles with water and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Bake the rectangles for 20-25 minutes on a baking sheet.
- After they are done, let them cool down a bit and then serve.