- 500 g Whole Wheat Flour (Atta)
- 2 tbsp Coconut (chopped)
- 4 green Cardamom (peeled and mashed)
- 300 g Jaggery (Gur)
- 1-1/2 cups Water
- Ghee (or vegetable Oil)
- Make a watery solution of water, green cardamom, and jaggery.
- Now, mix 4 tbsp of the above solution of jaggery to ghee, and coconut. Mix into the wheat flour and form dough, just as you make for chapattis.
- Use as much as jaggery syrup as required, to make dough.
- Now, take a lump of dough, press it flat on your palm, and press it against a sancha (embroidered wooden surface or mould) for making a shape.
- After the shape has been acquired from the sancha, deep fry in ghee or oil till golden brown.
- Strain the ghee on a paper towel.
- Serve it completely cool.
- Serve it with tea or coffee.