Pork Chili Rojo
|Calories Per Serving:
- 4 pound boneless Pork Shoulder Roast (trimmed)
- 3 tbsp Chili Powder
- 1 cup Onions (chopped)
- 4 cups Water
- 16 ounce Salsa
- 10 ounce diced Tomatoes, with Green Chilies
- Sprinkle chili powder over the pork and arrange the onions on top of it.
- Put the pork in a roasting bag and tie the bag loosely with a nylon rope.
- Cut three 1 inch long vent on the top of the bag.
- Put the bag in a slow cooker and add water to the bottom to a depth of 1 inch.
- Cook for 8 hours in a low flame.
- Now remove the pork from the bag and place it in a casserole dish. Reserve ¾ cup of the pork juice.
- Shred the pork and then add in the salsa, tomatoes and ¾ cup of the pork juice.
- Bring to a boil in high heat and then reduce the flame.
- Simmer for 1 hour with occasional stirring.
- Serve hot.