Mexican Grilled Sandwich
- 12 Bread Slices
- 3 tbsp Butter
- 1 Onion (chopped)
- 1 Tomato (chopped)
- 1 Potato (boiled and chopped)
- 1 or 2 green Chilies (chopped finely)
- 1 cup Corn (boiled)
- 1/2 cup Cheese (grated)
- 2 tbsp Tomato Sauce
- 2 tbsp Chili Sauce
- 1 cup White Sauce
- Pepper to taste
- Salt to taste
For White Sauce
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 1 cup Milk
- 1 tbsp Maida
- Make white sauce by heating 1 tbsp butter in a pan.
- Fry maida lightly in it and add milk.
- Mix till it attains a sauce-like consistency.
- Add chopped onions, potatoes, green chilies, tomatoes, boiled corn, half cheese, pepper, and salt.
- Toast the bread slices lightly.
- Put butter on one side of the toast only.
- Spread the white sauce and vegetable mixture on the buttered side of the toast.
- Spread the remaining grated cheese on top.
- Sprinkle chili sauce and tomato sauce and bake at 160 degree C or 350 degree F for 10 minutes.
- Serve hot.