Sukhi Channa Dal
- 1 cup Channa Dal
- 1 tbsp Fenugreek Leaves or Dill Leaves (finely chopped)
- 1 cup Onions (thinly sliced)
- 1 inch Cinnamon Stick
- 2 Cloves
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 2 to 3 Cardamoms
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1/2 tsp Pepper Powder
- 1 tsp Lemon Juice
- 1/2 tsp Sugar
- 2 tbsp Ghee
- Salt to taste
- Wash, clean and soak channa dal for 15 minutes.
- Boil with 5 cups water, turmeric powder and salt, till soft and drain the excess water.
- Heat ghee in a pan and season with cardamom, cumin seeds, cinnamon and cloves.
- Add onions and fry them till light brown.
- Next add sugar, dal, bay leaves, pepper powder, fenugreek leaves and lemon juice.
- Mix gently. Do not mash the dal into paste.
- Serve hot.
- Serve wit paratha, rice, nan, or roti.