Moroccan Cooked Pepper Salad
|Calories Per Serving:
- 2 Green Bell Peppers (Capsicum)
- 3 tbsp Olive Oil
- 4 fresh Tomatoes (peeled and chopped)
- 2 tsp Sugar
- 1½ tsp Paprika
- 1 tsp fresh Parsley
- ½ tsp Cumin
- ½ tsp Salt
- ¼ tsp Garlic Powder
- Black Pepper (ground, to taste)
- 1 (2.25 ounce) can Green Olives (sliced)
- Preheat the oven broiler.
- Take a baking sheet and place green bell peppers on it.
- Broil the green bell peppers for about 5 minutes, till they are tender and scorched on all sides, turning them occasionally.
- Remove the green bell peppers. Peel them and chop.
- Place a skillet on fire and heat olive oil.
- Add chopped tomatoes and bell peppers.
- Add sugar and stir well.
- Mix in paprika, parsley, cumin, salt, garlic powder and black pepper.
- Cook the mixture till the tomatoes are heated through.
- Top the preparation with green olives.
- Serve hot.