Heavenly Banana Bread
- 1-1/3 cups Flour
- 1/2 cup Butter (unsalted)
- 2-3 ripe Bananas
- 3/4 cup Dark Brown sugar
- 1/3 cup Buttermilk
- 1 Egg
- 1 tsp Cinnamon (ground)
- 1 tsp Baking soda
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1 tsp dark Rum (optional)
- Make a puree of bananas and buttermilk. Add baking soda and mix it.
- In a bowl, beat the sugar and butter until smooth.
- Add egg and beat it well.
- Add the puree into it and mix.
- Sieve flour and baking powder together. Add this gradually into the above mix.
- Stir evenly, until everything combines well.
- Add cinnamon, vanilla and rum. Mix it evenly.
- Pour the mixture into greased bread tin.
- Bake in a preheated oven, at 375 deg F, for 45-50 minutes.
- Let it cool for 10 minutes, before turning the bread out.
- Cut into slices and serve.