Moroccan Vegetable Soup
|Calories Per Serving:
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Onion (chopped)
- 1 cup Carrots (peeled, chopped)
- 1 cup Parsnips (peeled, chopped)
- 1 cup canned Pumpkin Puree
- 1 quart Vegetable Stock
- 1 tsp Lemon Juice
- Salt (to taste)
- Black Pepper (ground, to taste)
- ½ tsp dried Cilantro
- 2 tsp Olive Oil
- 1 clove Garlic (minced)
- 3 tbsp fresh Parsley (chopped)
- 1/8 tsp Paprika
- Place a large pot on fire and heat olive oil in it.
- Add onion and stir fry for about 5 minutes or till it softens and turns translucent.
- Add carrot and parsnips.
- Cover the pot and cook for about 5 minutes or till the vegetables turn slightly soft.
- Pour in pumpkin puree and vegetable stock.
- Simmer the mixture and reduce heat to low.
- Cover and simmer the vegetables for about 40 minutes.
- Add salt, black pepper, lemon juice and cilantro.
- Remove from heat and cool the soup.
- Ladle soup into a food processor and blend to a puree.
- Return the soup back to the pot and heat thoroughly.
- Place a small skillet on fire and heat olive oil.
- Add garlic and parsley. Stir fry for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add in paprika.
- Spoon soup into soup bowls.
- Swirl a half teaspoon of the garnishing over each soup serving.
- Serve hot.