Moroccan Meat Cigars
|Calories Per Serving:
- 1 tsp Olive Oil
- ½ pound Lean Beef (ground)
- ½ cup canned Tomatoes (drained and crushed)
- ¼ tsp Cinnamon (ground)
- ¼ tsp Cumin (ground)
- 1/8 tsp Paprika
- 1/8 tsp Allspice (ground)
- 1 (16 ounce) package Phyllo Dough
- Cooking Oil (as required)
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Grease a baking sheet lightly.
- Place a skillet over medium-high heat and add olive oil.
- Add lean beef and cook till it begins to brown.
- Drain the excess fat from the skillet.
- Add tomatoes, cinnamon, cumin, paprika and allspice. Stir well.
- Reduce heat to medium and simmer the mixture till it reduces slightly, say for about 10 minutes.
- Take one phyllo sheet from the package and cut it into 2 14x9-inch rectangles.
- Apply some cooking oil on the first half-sheet and place the second on top of it.
- Apply some more oil over the second sheet.
- Place a heaped teaspoon of the meat mixture near the narrow end of the dough.
- Fold the dough over the meat.
- Fold the sides of the dough and roll it into a narrow tube to form a cigar.
- Repeat with other phyllo sheets till all the meat has been used.
- Arrange the cigars over the baking sheet carefully.
- Bake the cigars for about 25 minutes, till they are lightly browned.
- Serve hot.