Minced Meat and Methi Koftas
- 500 g Red Meat (minced)
- 250 g small bunch Methi Leaves (Fenugreek, chopped)
- 1 Onion (diced)
- 2 Green Chilies
- 1 tbsp Ginger-Garlic Paste
- 1 tsp Coriander Powder
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 tsp Red Chilly Paste
- Salt to taste
- First, clean the minced red meat. Make sure that all the water is drained out, otherwise the koftas might split.
- Once the water from the meat is drained out, squeeze the meat and form small balls.
- Keep the balls (koftas) in the refrigerator for about 15-20 minutes.
- Take a pan and heat oil in it, add onions and fry them till they are translucent.
- Add methi leaves and fry until the oil separates and the onions turn golden brown.
- Add ginger-garlic paste, green chilies, red chili powder, coriander powder and salt. Saute them for about 5 minutes.
- If you want gravy, add some water.
- Once the gravy is thick, add koftas and cover the pan with the lid.
- Keep tossing the pan and avid using spatula and spoon, as the koftas might break.
- Cook the gravy until the meat is tender.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot.
- Serve it with roti, nan or plain rice.