|Calories Per Serving:
- 1½ cups Water
- 3 cups Sugar (granulated)
- 3 tbsp light Corn Syrup
- ½ cup Orange Juice
- 3 tbsp Orange Zest
- 3 (0.25 ounce) envelopes Gelatin (unflavored)
- ¾ cup Cornstarch
- ½ cup Cold Water
- 1 tbsp Vanilla Extract
- ¾ cup Pistachio Nuts (chopped)
- Confectioners' Sugar (for dusting)
- Take a large saucepan and combine together water, sugar and corn syrup, over medium-high heat.
- Cook the mixture while stirring frequently, till the temperature reaches 240 °F (115 °C) on a candy thermometer.
- Remove the mixture and keep aside.
- Take a small bowl and stir together orange juice and orange zest.
- Add gelatin and mix well. Set aside.
- Add cornstarch in ½ cup cold water, in a small bowl. Stir well to dissolve the cornstarch.
- Add the cornstarch to the hot sugar syrup.
- Return to medium-low heat and simmer till it gets very thick, stirring gently.
- Remove from heat and add the orange mixture.
- Add vanilla and pistachios.
- Take 8x8 inch pan and sprinkle it generously with confectioners' sugar.
- Pour the prepared delight in the pan and allow it to cool in a cool, dry place, for about 3 to 4 hours. Do not refrigerate the preparation.
- When the Turkish delight has cooled down completely, sprinkle the top with a thick layer of confectioners' sugar.
- Slice the delight into 1-inch squares and dredge each with confectioner's sugar well.
- Store the confectionery in an airtight container, at room temperature.