- 2 cup Sugar
- 500 g Papaya (half-ripe)
- 2-3 drops Green Food Coloring
- 1 tsp Citric Acid
- Peel the papaya and remove the seeds.
- Cut papaya into big pieces.
- Boil the papaya pieces till tender.
- In a pan, mix sugar with one cup of water.
- When the sugar dissolves completely, add citric acid and boil this mixture for two to three minutes.
- Once done, remove from heat and strain.
- Reheat this mixture with papaya and a few drops of food coloring
- Cook over low heat, till the syrup strings a thread.
- Remove from heat, cool and store in a bottle.