Cheddar and Olive Balls
|Calories Per Serving:
- 18½ ounces extra-sharp Cheddar Cheese (shredded)
- ½ cup Butter (softened)
- ½ tsp Paprika
- 1½ cups All-Purpose Flour
- 45 Green Olives (pitted)
- Allow the cheddar cheese to soften, till it is at room temperature.
- Take a large mixing bowl and combine cheddar cheese, butter and paprika. Blend together, using a pastry blender.
- Mix with your hands, to form solid ball dough with a smooth appearance.
- In case the dough is too dry, add more shredded cheddar cheese.
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Take a small piece of dough and cover an olive in it.
- Roll the ball between your palms to smooth and seal the olive inside the ball.
- Place the olive ball on a cookie sheet.
- Repeat with the remaining dough and olives.
- Cover the olive balls and refrigerate for 10 minutes, to allow them to firm up.
- Bake the olive balls for 20 to 25 minutes, till they turn brown.
- Remove and serve hot or at room temperature.