Asparagus & Potato Salad
- 2 pounds small Red Potatoes (cut in halves or quarters depending on size)
- 1 pound Asparagus (cut in 2-inch lengths)
- 1 package frozen Peas (thawed)
- 1 small Red Bell Pepper (cut in strips)
- 1/2 cup Heavy Cream
- 3/4 cup Mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup Red Onion (minced)
- 1 Lemon (juice)
- 1 tbsp Dijon Mustard
- 2 small Cloves Garlic (crushed)
- 3/4 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Pepper (freshly ground)
- 2 tbsp fresh Parsley (minced)
- 1 tsp Dill Weed (dried)
- Lettuce Leaves
- Cook potatoes for 15 minutes, in boiling salted water.
- Drain. Place potatoes on a large bowl and cover to keep them warm.
- Cook asparagus, peas and red bell pepper in boiling water for four minutes, or until just tender. Drain.
- Add to the bowl containing potatoes and cover the bowl.
- Mix cream, mayonnaise, onion, lemon juice, mustard, garlic, salt, and freshly ground pepper in a medium saucepan.
- Cook until the mixture begins to boil. Keep stirring. Stir in dill and parsley.
- Pour the sauce over vegetables. Toss well so that the ingredients are well coated with the sauce.
- Arrange lettuce on platter and top with the salad.
- Serve the salad warm at room temperature.