Double Tomato Bruschetta
|Calories Per Serving:
- 6 Plum Tomatoes (chopped)
- 1 French Baguette
- 2 cups shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- ½ cup Sun-Dried Tomatoes (packed in oil)
- 2 tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
- 3 cloves minced Garlic
- ¼ cup Olive Oil
- ¼ cup fresh Basil
- ¼ tsp ground Black Pepper
- Salt to taste
- Preheat the oven on the setting marker 'broiler'.
- In a large bowl, mix together plum tomatoes, sun-dried tomatoes, garlic, olive oil, vinegar, basil, salt and pepper. This mixture is to be allowed to sit for about ten minutes.
- Slice the baguette into three quarter of an inch slices and arrange them on the baking sheet. Broil them in the preheated oven for about three minutes.
- Divide the tomato mixture for each of the baguette slices and top each slice evenly.
- Add mozzarella on top and broil for another 5 minutes or until the cheese begins to bubble.