Harvest Pork Stew
|Calories Per Serving:
- 2 tbsp Butter or Oil
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless Pork (cut into 1/2-inch cubes)
- 2 cloves Garlic (minced)
- 1 medium Onion (chopped)
- 3 cups Chicken Broth
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp dried Rosemary (crushed)
- 1/4 tsp rubbed Sage
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 3 cups Butternut Squash (frozen and cubed)
- 2 MacIntosh Apples (cored and cubed)
- 2 large Potatoes (peeled and cubed)
- 2 cups Carrots (peeled and diced)
- In a skillet, melt butter and add pork. Cook until brown on both sides.
- Add garlic and onion and stir until onion is softened and the pork cooked firm.
- Now pour the chicken broth and season with salt, rosemary, sage and bay leaves.
- Bring to a boil and then simmer for 20 minutes, on low heat.
- Add butternut squash, apples, potatoes and carrots. Stir.
- Simmer for 20 minutes, until the squash and apples are tender.
- Before serving, remove the bay leaves.