Sweet Potato Muffins
|Calories Per Serving:
- 1 1/8 cups packed Brown Sugar
- ½ cup Canola Oil
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 Eggs
- 2 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Cinnamon (ground)
- 1 tsp Nutmeg (freshly grated)
- ½ tsp Allspice (ground)
- ½ tsp Salt
- 4 cups Sweet Potato (peeled and shredded)
- ½ cup Raisins
- 1 cup Walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 °F (175 °C).
- Grease muffin tins to hold 12 muffins and set aside.
- Take a small bowl and combine together brown sugar, canola oil, vanilla and eggs. Whisk well to blend the ingredients.
- Take a large mixing bowl and mix all-purpose flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, salt and sweet potatoes together.
- Make a well in the center of the mixture and pour in the egg mixture. Stir the mixture well.
- Add in raisins and walnuts. Mix well.
- Pour the batter into the muffin tins.
- Bake the muffins for 25 to 30 minutes till a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Remove the muffin tins from the oven.
- Run a paring knife around each muffin and invert the muffin from the tin.
- Serve immediately.