|Calories Per Serving:
- 5 oz Unsweetened Chocolate (5 squares)
- ½ lb Butter (2 sticks)/ Margarine (softened)
- 1¾ cups Light Brown/ White Sugar (packed)
- 5 Eggs
- 1½ tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup Flour
- 1 cup Walnuts (chopped, optional)
- 1 tsp Orange Rind (freshly grated, optional)
- ½ tsp Cinnamon (optional)
- 1 small Banana (ripe and mashed, optional)
- 2-4 tbsp Black Coffee (strong, optional)
- 1 cup Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 °F.
- Butter a 9x13 inch baking pan.
- Place the chocolate in a saucepan and melt it over heat, stirring frequently.
- Remove and cool it for 10 minutes.
- Take a medium bowl and cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time. Beat the mixture well after each addition.
- Add in vanilla extract.
- Drizzle the melted chocolate, stirring the mixture constantly.
- Beat the batter well for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add flour and any of the optional embellishments like walnuts, orange rind, cinnamon, banana, black coffee or chocolate chips. Mix well to blend thoroughly.
- Spread the batter into the baking pan.
- Bake for about 20 to 25 minutes or until a knife inserted comes out clean.
- Slice the brownies into squares while hot. Allow them to cool for at least 10 minutes.
- Serve thereafter.