Greek Chicken Kozani
|Calories Per Serving:
- 4 skinless Chicken Thighs
- 4 cups Water
- 3 tbsp Olive Oil
- 3 large Red Onions (halved and sliced lengthwise)
- 20 Prunes (pitted)
- 1½ tbsp Sweet Paprika
- 2 Bay Leaves
- 1 tbsp Salt (or to taste)
- Black Pepper (ground, to taste)
- Place a saucepan on high heat and add chicken thighs and water.
- Boil the chicken and reduce the heat to medium-low. Simmer for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Remove any foam that floats on the surface.
- Place a large skillet on low heat and heat olive oil.
- Add red onions and stir fry. Cover them and cook for 10 minutes till they turn soft and translucent.
- Add the chicken and 3 cups of the liquid to the onions.
- Add in prunes, sweet paprika, bay leaves, salt and black pepper. Mix well.
- Simmer the preparation and cover the skillet. Cook for about 15 to 25 minutes till the prunes turn tender and flavors are combined.
- Serve hot with steamed rice.