Greek Style Stuffed Bell Peppers
|Calories Per Serving:
- 2 tbsp Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- 1¼ cups Onion (chopped)
- 1 pound Lamb (ground)
- ¾ cup White Rice
- ¾ tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Black Pepper (ground)
- ½ tsp dried Mint (crushed)
- 1 cup Water
- ¼ cup fresh Parsley (chopped, to taste)
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can Chicken Broth
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can Tomatoes (diced small)
- 6 Green Bell Peppers (top removed and seeded)
- Preheat oven to °F (175 °C).
- Place a large skillet over medium-high fire and heat olive oil.
- Add onions and lamb. Stir and cook for about 7 minutes till the onions are tender and the meat is no longer pink.
- Add rice, salt, black pepper and mint. Stir and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add water and parsley.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low and cook for 15 minutes till the rice has completely absorbed the water, stirring occasionally.
- Combine together chicken broth and tomatoes in an oven-proof dish.
- Spoon the lamb mixture into the green bell peppers.
- Place the stuffed bell peppers in the dish.
- Bake for about 45 minutes till the peppers turn soft and tomatoes bubbly.