Balinese Vegetable Soup
- 225 g French Beans
- 1 clove Garlic
- 4 Almonds
- 2 Red Chilies (chopped)
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 medium Onion (sliced)
- 11/3 cups Bean Sprouts
- ½ tbsp Coriander Powder
- 2 Lemons
- 2 cups Coconut Milk
- Grind garlic, one red chili, almonds and coriander powder into a paste.
- Heat oil up adding onion and sauté for a minute.
- Add French beans and sauté, the ground paste and half a cup of water, add salt and cook for a couple of minutes.
- Slice a lemon into thin pieces and add. Squeeze the rest of the lemon into the cooking mixture.
- Cook until the mixture comes to boil.
- Put the bean sprouts into the bowl and pour the hot soup over.
- Slice the remaining red chilies into diagonal slices and sprinkle over the soup. Serve when hot.