|Calories Per Serving:
- Vegetable Oil (as required)
- 3 tbsp Flour
- 2 pounds Tofu (cubed)
- 1 medium sweet Red Bell Pepper (chopped)
- 1 medium Green Bell Pepper (chopped)
- 1 large Onion (chopped)
- 1 cup Celery (chopped)
- 2 cans Tomatoes (chopped)
- 4 cans Tomato Sauce
- 2 tbsp Parsley Leaves (chopped)
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 tsp Salt
- 2½ tsp Red Pepper Flakes
- 2½ tsp Black Pepper
- 2 tsp Garlic Salt
- 3 tsp Paprika
- 3-4 Bay Leaves
- Place a stock pot over fire and add enough vegetable oil to cover the bottom of the pot.
- Add flour and make a roux, stirring constantly to mix.
- Cook the mixture until thickened and a deep golden brown color is achieved.
- Add red bell pepper, green bell pepper, onion and celery. Mix well and cook for 2 to 3 minutes until tender.
- Add tomatoes, tomato sauce, Worcestershire sauce, salt, red pepper flakes, black pepper, garlic salt and paprika. Mix well.
- Cover the pot with a lid and simmer for 25 minutes.
- Add tofu and simmer for another 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add bay leaves and allow the preparation to cool for 15 minutes.
- Serve over steamed rice.
- Garnish with parsley leaves.
- Serve warm.