Tofu and Cheese Stuffed Shells
|Calories Per Serving:
- Water (as required)
- 1 (16 oZ) package jumbo Pasta Shells
- 1/3 cup Carrot (grated)
- ¼ cup Zucchini (shredded)
- 3 tbsp Onion (chopped)
- 1 (8 oZ) container Tofu
- ½ cup Monterey Jack Cheese (shredded)
- 1 cup Mozzarella Cheese (shredded and divided)
- ½ cup Ricotta Cheese
- 1 Egg White
- ½ tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Pepper
- 2 (8 oZ) cans Tomatoes (diced)
- 1/3 cup Tomato Paste
- 1 tsp dried Basil
- 1 tsp dried Oregano
- ¼ tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Garlic (minced)
- Preheat oven to 350 °F (175 °C).
- Add enough water to a large pot. Add salt to taste. Boil the water.
- Add pasta shells. And cook for 8 to 10 minutes till tender. Drain and set aside.
- Place a small saucepan over medium heat and combine together carrot, zucchini and onion.
- Add water enough to cover the vegetables. Cover the saucepan and cook till tender. Drain thereafter and keep aside.
- Take large bowl and mash the tofu using a fork.
- Add the cooked carrot mixture, Monterey Jack cheese, ½ cup mozzarella cheese, ricotta cheese, egg white, salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Place another medium saucepan over medium-high heat and add tomatoes, tomato paste, basil oregano, garlic powder and garlic. Stir well.
- Boil the mixture and reduce heat to low. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Stuff each cooked pasta shell with 1 heaped tablespoon of the tofu mixture.
- Place the stuffed shells in an un-greased 2-quart baking dish.
- Pour the tomato sauce over the shells.
- Cover the dish and bake for 25 minutes till heated well.
- Sprinkle the shells with the remaining ½ cup mozzarella cheese.
- Serve hot.