Almond And Celery Soup
|Calories Per Serving:
- 1 small Onion (finely chopped)
- 6 Celery Sticks (finely chopped)
- 1 tbsp Parsley (coarsely chopped)
- 1 tsp Dill Seed
- 50 g (2 oz) Almonds (blanched)
- 300 ml (½ pint) Chicken Stock
- 300 ml (½ pint) Skimmed Milk
- 3 tbsp natural Low-Fat Yogurt
- 1 Egg Yolk
- 1 tbsp Almonds (toasted and flaked, for garnishing)
- Combine onion, celery, parsley, dill seed, almonds, chicken stock and milk in a saucepan. Mix well.
- Boil the mixture and simmer for 12 minutes till the vegetables turn tender.
- Remove and pour the contents into a food processor.
- Blend the mixture to a smooth liquid.
- Return the soup to the saucepan.
- In another small bowl, whisk together yoghurt and egg yolk.
- Add the yoghurt mix into the soup. Stir well.
- Heat the soup gently. Do not boil it.
- Ladle warm soup into soup bowls.
- Sprinkle with toasted almonds and serve warm.