Plum and Almond Tart
|Calories Per Serving:
- For Pastry
- 1 cup All-Purpose Flour
- 6 tbsp Butter
- 1 Egg Yolk
- 1 tbsp Water (or as required)
- 2 (16½ oz) cans Purple Plums (drained)
- 1 cup Almonds (ground)
- ½ cup Sugar (granulated)
- 2 tsp Lemon Rind (grated)
- 1 Egg (lightly beaten)
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 1 tbsp Sugar (granulated, extra)
- 2 tsp Cinnamon
- Powdered Sugar (for dusting)
- Combine together flour, butter, egg yolk and water in a mixing bowl.
- Add enough water to form dry dough.
- Turn the dough on a floured surface and knead until smooth.
- Cover the dough and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Roll the dough into a large circle to fit in a 9-inch flan pan. Refrigerate the rolled dough for another 30 minutes.
- Halve the plums and deseed them. Drain on absorbent paper.
- Mix together almonds, sugar, lemon rind and egg in a mixing bowl. Stir well to form a paste.
- In another bowl, mix extra sugar and cinnamon thoroughly.
- Line the dough into a pie pan.
- Spread the almond mixture on the pastry.
- Top with plums and dot with butter.
- Sprinkle the sugar mixture on top.
- Bake at 375 °F for about 50 minutes till the pie turns golden brown.
- Dust the pie with powdered sugar.
- Serve warm or cold with whipped cream and slices almonds.