|Calories Per Serving:
- 9 oz Prunes (pitted)
- 1 cup All-Purpose Flour
- 5/8 cup White Sugar
- 1 tbsp Vanilla Sugar
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 pinch Salt
- 4 Eggs
- 3 cups Whole Milk
- 2 tbsp Rum
- Water (as required)
- Preheat oven to 450 °F (230 °C).
- Grease a shallow 2 quart baking dish.
- Place a saucepan on heat and keep prunes and enough water to cover them.
- Bring the water to a simmer and cook till the prunes turn tender for about 10 minutes. They should still be in their shape.
- Drain the prunes and arrange them neatly at the bottom of the baking dish.
- Take a large mixing bowl and whisk together flour, white sugar, vanilla sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Add in eggs, one at a time. Beat the mixture well after each egg addition.
- Pour milk, stirring briskly with a wooden spoon till the mixture is well combined.
- Add in rum and mix well.
- Pour the prepared batter into the baking dish over the prunes.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 400 °F and bake for about 30 minutes till the top has turned brown and the filling is firm and has risen up.
- Slice and serve warm or at room temperature.