Spicy Oven-Roasted Plums
|Calories Per Serving:
- 4 Plums (halved and pitted)
- ½ cup Orange Juice
- 2 tbsp packed Brown Sugar
- ½ tsp Cinnamon (ground)
- 1/8 tsp Nutmeg (ground)
- 1/8 tsp Cumin
- 1/8 tsp Cardamom (ground)
- Preheat oven to 400 °F (200 °C).
- Grease a shallow baking dish with some cooking oil.
- Carefully arrange the plums in a single layer in the baking dish, with the cut-side up.
- Take a mixing bowl and combine together orange juice, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, cumin and cardamom. Whisk the ingredients well.
- Drizzle the liquid over the plums.
- Bake for 20 minutes till the plums turn hot and the sauce gets bubbly.
- Serve the plums as a side dish with pork or chicken.
- You can also spoon them over vanilla ice cream, angel food or pound cake and serve as a dessert.