- 1/2 cup Moong Dal
- 1 cup Water
- 2 Tomatoes (chopped)
- 1 Onion (chopped)
- Coriander leaves to garnish
- 1 Ginger Flake (chopped)
- 4 Green Chillies (chopped)
- 1 tbsp Jeera
- 3 tbsp Ghee
- Salt to taste
- Wash dal properly and pressure cook it in water.
- Add more water, if necessary, to prevent drying out.
- Remove the cooker from the flame after 2 whistles.
- Heat the ghee in a frying pan and add jeera.
- Fry it for a minute on medium heat.
- Mix green chillies and ginger. Fry again for about 2 minutes.
- Add onions now and fry them till they turn light brown.
- Now add tomatoes and fry for about 10 minutes.
- Put salt and coriander leaves.
- Mix well and fry for a minute.
- Mix the prepared gravy into cooked dal.
- Put it in pressure cooker and cook again for 1 whistle.
- Moong dal is ready.
- Serve with chapatis or plain rice.