Chewy Brownie Cookies
- 1 ½ cups packed Brown Sugar
- 1 tbsp Water
- 2/3 cup Shortening
- 2 Eggs
- ½ tsp Salt
- 1 tbsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/3 cup Baking Cocoa
- ½ cup Walnuts or Pecans (Chopped)
- 2 cups Semisweet Chocolate Chips
- 1 ½ cups All- Purpose Flour
- ¼ tsp Baking Soda
- Take a large bowl with cream, shortening, sugar, water and vanilla in it. Add beaten eggs as well.
- Add flour, cocoa, salt and baking soda to creamed mixture and beat until blended.
- Stir in chocolate chips and nuts if desired.
- Drop the blended mixture over ungreased baking sheets with a 2 inch rounded tbsp.
- Bake at 375 F for 7-9 min. Cool it for 2 minutes before removing wire racks.