Celery Smashers with Cream Gravy
|Calories Per Serving:
- 5 large Russet Potatoes (peeled and cubed)
- 3 tbsp Butter (divided)
- 1/3 cup Celery Hearts (diced)
- 1/3 cup Onion (finely chopped)
- ¼ cup Heavy Cream
- ½ tsp Celery Salt
- Black Pepper (freshly ground, to taste)
- 2 tsp Butter
- 1½ tbsp All-Purpose Flour
- 1 cup Chicken Broth
- 1/3 cup Heavy Cream
- ½ tsp Onion Powder
- Water (as required)
- Salt (to taste)
- Pour enough water to a large pot and add salt. Boil the water.
- Add the russet potatoes to the water and cook for about 15 minutes till tender. Drain and set aside.
- Place a small saucepan on medium heat and melt 1 tbsp of butter.
- Add celery hearts and onion. Sauté for 8 minutes until tender.
- Add the sautéed celery and onion to the potatoes.
- Add 2 tbsp butter, ¼ cup heavy cream, celery salt and black pepper. Beat the mixture until smooth.
- Melt 2 tsp butter in a small saucepan.
- Add flour and cook for 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add in chicken broth and cook on medium-high heat until thickened.
- Add 1/3 cup heavy cream and onion powder. Heat the preparation thoroughly.