Cream of Celery Soup
|Calories Per Serving:
- 3 quarts Chicken Stock
- 3 pounds Celery (coarsely chopped)
- ½ pound Carrots (julienned)
- ½ pound Onions (chopped)
- 1 cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1 tbsp Salt
- 1 tsp White Pepper (ground)
- 3 quarts Hot Milk
- 1 cup Margarine
- Transfer the chicken stock to a large stockpot and place on heat. Boil the stock.
- Add celery, carrots, and onions.
- Combine together flour, salt, white pepper, and milk in a small bowl. Whisk well.
- Add the mixture to the pot.
- Add margarine and stir well.
- Boil the soup for about 10 minutes.
- Strain the liquid to separate the vegetables by passing through a sieve. In case the vegetables are large, use a colander for the same.
- Ladle the liquid into soup bowls and serve hot.