Creamy Celery Casserole
|Calories Per Serving:
- 4 tbsp Butter
- 4 cups Celery (thinly sliced)
- 3 tbsp All-Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 cup Milk
- 1 (4.5 oz) can Mushrooms (drained and chopped)
- 2 tbsp Green Bell Peppers (chopped)
- 1 (2 oz) jar Pimento Peppers (chopped)
- 1 cup Cheddar Cheese (shredded)
- 1 cup soft Bread Crumbs
- 2 tbsp Butter (melted)
- Preheat oven to 350 °F (175 °C).
- Place a medium saucepan and on medium heat melt 4 tbsp butter.
- Add celery and cook for about 5 minutes till it turns tender.
- Remove the celery and set aside.
- Combine flour and salt in the saucepan.
- Add milk and mix well, stirring constantly, until thickened.
- Add mushrooms, green bell peppers, pimento peppers and celery. Mix well.
- Add cheddar cheese and stir until it melts.
- Take a small bowl and mix together bread crumbs and 2 tbsp butter.
- Transfer the celery mixture into a baking dish.
- Sprinkle the buttered bread crumbs on the top.
- Bake the mixture for about 20 minutes till it turns lightly brown.