Zucchini Stuffed With Shrimp
- 4 Zucchini
- 1/2 tbsp Butter
- 2 Shallots (chopped)
- 2 1/4 lbs Shrimp (raw, peeled)
- 4 sprigs Tarragon or Basil leaves (chopped)
- 1 1/4 cups Cream (light)
- 1 1/2 cups White Wine
- 2 tbsp Mustard
- Pepper to taste
- Salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 350F and grease baking dish with butter.
- Cut zucchini into narrow strips with skin lengthwise to create a striped effect.
- Cut each zucchini narrow strips into three pieces and scoop out and discard some of the flesh. Now steam for 10 minutes.
- Melt butter in a skillet, and add shallots. Cook over low flame, stirring occasionally for 5 minutes.
- Next pour in wine and cook for additional 5 minutes.
- Mix shrimp and chopped sprigs or leaves, add salt and pepper, and cook for 3-5 minutes, until shrimp is dense. Remove from pan and keep lukewarm.
- Add cream and mustard into the pan and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Chop the remaining tarragon or basil.
- Arrange zucchini into greased baking dish and bake for 10 minutes.
- Mix shrimp to the cream sauce and remove the pan from the heat.
- Add in chopped tarragon.
- Stuff zucchini with shrimp and pour the sauce over them.
- Serve it with toast or bread.