- 10 slices White Bread
- 1/2 cup Semolina (rawa/suji)
- 1 tsp Rice Flour
- Salt to taste
- 2 tsp Split Black Gram Skinless (Dhuli Urad Dal)
- 1 medium Onion (chopped)
- 1-2 Green Chillies (chopped)
- 1/2 inch piece Ginger (chopped)
- 2-3 Curry Leaves (chopped)
- 1 tsp Mustard Seeds
- 2 tsp Yogurt (whisked)
- Oil to deep fry
- Take the bread slices, cut the brown edges and soak it in water for two minutes. Squeeze out the excess water and gently crush the bread. Keep aside.
- In a bowl, take semolina, rice flour, salt and water and make a thin batter. Add the crumbled bread and yogurt to the batter and blend it well in a mixer. Pour it out in a clean bowl and check the consistency.
- In a pan, heat two tablespoons of oil and add mustard seeds, black gram, curry leaves, chopped ginger, green chillies, onion and sauté till light brown. Allow it to cool a little and then mix it to the batter.
- Take a dosa tawa, dab it with a little oil and wipe it with a clean wet cloth.
- Pour a big spoonful of the batter onto the hot tawa and spread wide.
- Drizzle a little oil on top and sides and cook for two to three minutes. Turn and cook the other side till brown and crisp.
- Serve with chutney.