Prune Spice Cake
|Calories Per Serving:
- 1 cup Shortening
- 2 cups White Sugar
- 4 Eggs
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 1/3 cups Buttermilk
- 1 1/3 cups Prunes (stewed and chopped)
- 2 1/3 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp Allspice
- 1 tsp Nutmeg (ground)
- 1 tsp Cinnamon (ground)
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 cup Walnuts (chopped, optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 °F (175 °C).
- Grease and flour a 9-inch tube baking pan.
- Combine shortening and white sugar in a large bowl using an electric mixer. Mix until smooth.
- Add the eggs, one at a time.
- Add vanilla and prunes. Stir well.
- Sift together flour, allspice, nutmeg, cinnamon, salt, baking powder and baking soda in a large bowl.
- Add the flour mixture into prune mixture alternating with buttermilk.
- Add walnuts, in case you desire.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake the cake for 50 minutes till a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Remove and cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes.
- Invert the cake onto a serving plate.
- Slice and serve.