- 500 gms Arbi (peeled and chopped)
- 1/2 cup Curd
- 1 tsp Carom Seeds (Ajwain)
- 1 tbsp Ginger (finely shredded)
- 1/2 tsp Chilli powder
- 1/4 cup Ghee
- 2 cups Water
- 1 tbsp Green Coriander
- Rock salt to taste
- Heat the ghee in a pan and add carom seeds.
- When the seeds start spluttering, add curd.
- Stir and fry till the yogurt begins to separate from the ghee.
- Add chilli powder, ginger and salt. Mix well.
- Add arbi and bring the flame to high.
- Fry the arbi for a few minutes.
- Add 2 cups water and bring to boil.
- Simmer the mixture uncovered for 15 minutes until well cooked.
- Garnish with green coriander & serve with kottu parantha.