- 2 cups (225 g) 8 oz Self Raising Flour
- ½ tsp (2.5 ml) Salt
- 1.25 ml (1/2 tsp) Cayenne Pepper
- 2 tbsp (25 g) 1 oz Butter
- 125 g (4 oz) Celery Heart (finely chopped)
- 125 g (4 oz) Cheddar Cheese (grated)
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) fresh Parsley (chopped)
- 2/3 cup (150 ml) Milk
- Combine together flour, salt and cayenne pepper.
- Add butter. Mix well.
- Add celery heart, Cheddar cheese and parsley.
- Mix well to form soft dough, adding milk as required.
- Knead the dough well.
- Forma slightly flattened ball. Slice the top of the dough with a knife.
- Place the dough on a baking sheet and brush the top with milk.
- Bake dough in the oven at 375 °F (190 °C) for 45 to 50 minutes.
- For the last 10 minutes, cover the loaf and bake to prevent it from over-browning.
- Slice and serve hot.