- 1 Celery Stem (with edges removed)
- 2 Green Bell Peppers
- 2 Tomatoes
- 1 small Onion
- 2 Green Chilies
- 3 tbsp Coriander Seeds
- 1 tsp Fenugreek Seeds
- 1 tsp Tamarind Pulp
- ½ tsp Cumin Seeds
- ½ tsp Turmeric
- 5 dry Red Chilies
- ¼ tsp Asafetida
- 2 tsp Oil
- Salt (as required)
- Water (as required)
- Wash celery, green bell pepper, tomatoes, onion and green chilies thoroughly.
- Chop the vegetables into medium pieces. Set aside.
- Place a saucepan over heat and heat oil.
- Add coriander seeds, fenugreek seeds, cumin seeds and dry red chilies. Stir fry.
- Add the chopped vegetables, turmeric and asafetida. Stir fry till the veggies appear a little cooked.
- Remove the saucepan from heat and transfer the contents onto a plate. Leave it for cooling.
- Now, add the contents to a blender and grind into a fine paste, adding water as required. Do not add too much water since the chutney should be of thick consistency.
- Add salt and tamarind pulp. Blend.
- Serve the spicy chutney with rice or chapatti.