Toasted Bread with Chocolate
|Calories Per Serving:
- 8 ½-inches thick slices good Bread (such as a Rustic Peasant Bread or a real Baguette)
- 1 tbsp extra-Virgin Olive Oil (for drizzling)
- 4 oz. best-quality Bittersweet Chocolate (very coarsely chopped, to make 1 cup)
- Sea Salt/ Kosher Salt (for sprinkling)
- Place bread slices on a baking sheet and toast in the broiler 4 inches away from the element on high heat till they turn golden on both sides, about 1 to 2 minutes for each side.
- Drizzle olive oil on the bread slices.
- Sprinkle the bittersweet chocolate on top of each slice.
- Turn the broiler off and return the slices back to the broiler. Allow the chocolate to melt in the broiler heat for about 1 minute.
- Smooth out the chocolate with a knife.
- Sprinkle some sea salt on each slice and serve.