German Spice Cookies
- 3 Eggs
- 2 cups Brown Sugar (packed)
- 1 tsp Clove
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Pepper
- 2 cups Flour
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 cup Raisins
- 1 cup Nuts (finely chopped)
- Beat the eggs with a beater in a mixing bowl.
- Add to it, the brown sugar, cloves, cinnamon and pepper.
- Mix the flour, baking soda and salt. Gradually add this to the egg mix.
- Now stir in the raisins and nuts.
- Use a tablespoon to drop the batter onto a lightly greased baking sheet. Each cookie should be about 2 inches away from other cookies.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 400 degrees for 8-10 minutes or until surface cracks.
- Remove the cookies on wire racks and let them cool.