Caribbean Sweet Potato Salad
- 3 tbsp Canola Oil (or corn oil)
- 1 large Potato (sliced)
- 1 Cucumber (chopped)
- 1 large Sweet Potato (sliced)
- 1 cup Corn (frozen or fresh)
- 1 tsp Mustard (prepared)
- 2 tbsp Lime Juice (fresh)
- 3 tbsp Cilantro (chopped)
- 1 Garlic Clove (minced)
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
- 1/2 Onion (sliced)
- 1/4 cup Peanuts (finely chopped)
- Place sliced potato in a large saucepan covered with salted water. Boil it and turn the heat down; simmer for approximately 5 minutes.
- Add sliced sweet potato and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add corn kernels to the potatoes; cook for another 30 seconds. Drain it through a colander.
- Drop vegetables into a saucepan filled with cold water, chill it for 5 minutes and drain it.
- Take a large bowl; brush mustard, lime juice, coriander, and garlic quickly; then slowly whisk in oil. Mix salt and black pepper.
- Add potatoes (cooled), dress it along with cucumber & red onion. Toss well. Serve chilled. Toss the peanuts before serving.