Three Cheese Breakfast Bake
|Calories Per Serving:
- 1/2 (1 lb) loaf French Bread (cut into 1 inch cubes)
- 2 cups diced cooked Ham
- 3 tbsp melted Butter
- 1 1/2 cups Milk
- 1/4 lb shredded Swiss Cheese
- 1/4 lb shredded Monterey Jack Cheese
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan Cheese
- 8 beaten Eggs
- 1 tsp Dijon Mustard
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 3/4 cup Sour Cream
- Place the bread pieces on the bottom of a baking dish that has been greased lightly and drizzle butter over them. Top them with the Swiss and Monterey Jack cheeses and the ham.
- Take a medium sized bowl and make a mixture of the eggs, milk and the mustard. Season it with salt and pepper. Pour this into the baking dish, cover and refrigerate for at least eight hours.
- Preheat the oven at 165 degrees C. Blend together the sour cream and the parmesan cheese in a bowl and set it aside.
- Take out the layered mixture from the oven and bake it in the preheated oven for about an hour. Take it out after an hour, spread the sour cream mixture over the surface and continue to bake for at least then more minutes, during which time the surface begins to turn brown.