Spanish Potato Omelet
|Calories Per Serving:
- ½ cup Olive Oil
- ½ pound Potatoes (thinly sliced)
- Salt (to taste)
- Pepper (to taste)
- 1 large Onion (thinly sliced)
- 4 Eggs
- 2 Tomatoes (peeled, seeded and coarsely chopped)
- 2 Green Onions (chopped)
- Pour olive oil in a large frying pan and set it on medium-high heat.
- Sprinkle the potatoes lightly with salt and pepper.
- Fry the potatoes in olive oil till they turn golden brown and crisp.
- Add onion and cook till it softens and starts browning, stirring occasionally.
- Beat eggs with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Pour the eggs into the pan. Stir to gently combine with the potatoes and onion.
- Turn down the heat to low and cook till eggs are browned on the bottom.
- Using a spatula, loosen the bottom of the omelet and invert it on the other side.
- Cook till the eggs are set and done.
- Remove and transfer on a serving plate.
- Garnish with tomatoes and green onions.
- Serve warm.