Spanish Chicken Stew
|Calories Per Serving:
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 3 Red Onions (cut into 1-inch cubes)
- 3 cloves Garlic (coarsely chopped)
- 1 (28 ounce) can Italian Plum Tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can Garbanzo Beans
- 2 cups Water
- 2 tsp Paprika
- 1 tsp Red Pepper Flakes (crushed)
- Salt (to taste)
- Pepper (to taste)
- 2 Carrots (cut into chunks)
- 1 Potato (cubed)
- 4 Chicken Thighs
- 4 ounces Spanish Chorizo Sausage (casing removed, sliced ¼-inch thick)
- Place a large saucepan on medium-high flame and add olive oil to it.
- Add onions and garlic. Stir and cook till onion are softened and turn translucent.
- Add tomatoes, garbanzo beans and water.
- Season with paprika, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper.
- Add carrots and potato. Mix well.
- Place the chicken thighs, with their skin side up, on the top of the vegetables.
- Allow the mixture to boil on high heat. Once boiled, reduce it to medium flame.
- Cover the pan and let it simmer for about 25 minutes, till the chicken turns tender.
- Preheat oven to 400 °F (200 °C).
- Remove the chicken from the stew and keep aside.
- Add the Spanish chorizo sausage to the stew and stir well.
- Pour the stew into a glass baking dish.
- Place the chicken thighs on top of the stew with the skin side up.
- Bake the stew for 15 minutes till the stew has thickened and the chicken skin turn crispy.