Spanish Garlic and Vegetable Soup
|Calories Per Serving:
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 3 large Carrots (peeled and diced)
- 1 medium head Cabbage (chopped)
- ½ head Cauliflower (chopped)
- 2 Leeks (sliced)
- 6 cloves Garlic (finely chopped)
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced Tomatoes (with juice)
- 4 tsp Tomato Paste
- 1 quart Water
- ¼ cup Milk/ Light Cream
- 1 tbsp Butter
- Salt (to taste)
- Pepper (to taste)
- Place a large pot on medium heat and heat olive oil.
- Add carrot, cabbage, cauliflower and leeks. Cook for a few minutes till cabbage wilts, stirring frequently.
- Add garlic and tomato paste. Cook for another 2 minutes, stirring continuously to prevent the garlic from burning.
- Pour two cups of water and cover the pot. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add diced tomatoes and remaining water.
- Boil the soup and reduce the heat to low. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Puree the soup in a blender, reserving 2 cups of the liquid.
- Combine the blended puree with the reserved liquid.
- Add milk and butter.
- Boil the soup and cook for 1 minute.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve warm.