Green Chili Cheese Ball
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- 4 Anaheim Chili (large)
- 2 (8 oz) Cream Cheese (softened)
- 2 Garlic Cloves (minced)
- 2 cups Pecans (chopped)
- 1 1/2 pounds Pepper Jack Cheese (shredded)
- To start with, heat an outdoor grill (medium), and oil the grate lightly. Grill the chilies until the pepper skin has blackened. Turn the peppers often; do not overcook the peppers. Put blackened peppers in a bowl and seal it tightly with plastic wrap. Let the peppers steam as they cool for approximately 20 minutes. After cooling remove the skins & seeds; and chop them.
- Add cream cheese, pepper, salt, garlic, pepper jack and chopped peppers. Mix it well. Give a shape of a ball and cover it with wax paper; freeze it for 15 minutes (approximately).
- Toss the chopped pecans into a bowl. Spin the refrigerated cheese ball in the pecans. Make sure outside layer of the cheese ball is covered with a layer of pecans.