Cilantro Chicken with Zucchini Spanish Rice
|Calories Per Serving:
- ¼ cup fresh Cilantro (chopped)
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil, divided
- 1 tbsp Garlic (finely chopped)
- 1 pound boneless, skinless Chicken Breast Halves (cut into thin strips)
- ½ cup fat-free Sour Cream
- 1 tbsp fresh Cilantro (chopped)
- 2 medium Zucchini (chopped)
- 2 cups Water
- 1 (5.6 oz) package Spanish Rice
- Mix together ¼ cup cilantro, 1 tbsp olive oil and garlic in a large bowl.
- Add chicken breasts and toss to coat with the mixture.
- Cover the bowl and marinate in the refrigerator for 15 minutes.
- Take a small bowl and blend together sour cream and 1 tbsp cilantro. Keep aside.
- Place a 2-quart saucepan on medium-high heat and heat 1 tbsp olive oil.
- Add zucchini and cook for 4 minutes till it turns crisp-tender, stirring occasionally.
- Add water and Spanish rice. Stir gently.
- Boil the water and reduce heat to low. Cover the saucepan and simmer for 7 minutes till rice turns tender.
- Remove the pan from fire and let it stand for 2 minutes. Stir well thereafter.
- Place the chicken breasts in a non-stick skillet and cook over medium high heat, stirring occasionally, for about 8 minutes.
- Spoon out zucchini rice on a serving plate.
- Arrange the chicken breasts beside the rice.
- Serve with sour cream mixture.
- If desired, garnish with sliced lime wedges and hot pepper sauce.