Grilled Jerk Pork Tenderloin
|Calories Per Serving:
- 2 Habanero Peppers (seeded)
- 1 small Onion (chopped)
- 2 bunches Green Onions (chopped)
- 1 in piece fresh Ginger (peeled and thinly sliced)
- 3 cloves Garlic (peeled)
- 1/4 cup Apple Cider
- 1/4 cup White Vinegar
- 3 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 1/2 tbsp Brown Sugar
- 3/4 tsp Mustard Seed
- 1 tbsp Salt
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 tbsp dried Thyme
- 1 tbsp Allspice (ground)
- 1 tsp Nutmeg (ground)
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon (ground)
- 2 1/2 pounds Pork Tenderloin (butterflied and pounded to 3/4 inch)
- Blend the habanero peppers, onion, green onions, ginger, and garlic in a food processor into a fine paste.
- To it add the cider, white vinegar, soy sauce, olive oil, and sugar.
- Sprinkle the mustard seed, salt, pepper, thyme, allspice, nutmeg, and cinnamon.
- Blend until smooth.
- Take a casserole dish and place the pork tenderloin in it.
- Coat the pork with the jerk marinade and refrigerate for 8 hours.
- Grease the grate of the grill and place the tenderloin slabs over it.
- Grill for 7 minutes each side at about 70 degrees C.
- Cut into thin slice and then serve.