- 250 g fresh Sardines (whole)
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- Pepper (freshly ground)
- Lemon (thinly sliced)
- Sea salt or Rock salt to taste
- Preheat your oven to 350° F (175° C).
- Wash the sardines and drain the water. Scrap off any scales with a knife.
- Take a shallow baking dish and sprinkle rock salt or sea salt on the bottom and sides of the baking dish.
- Arrange the sardines on the top.
- Add generous amount of pepper and drizzle each sardine with olive oil. Sprinkle on some more rock salt.
- Top it with lemon slices, if desired.
- Bake the sardines for 10 minutes, or just until the skin glides off easily and the fish is soft.
- Serve it with nan or roti.