Lime Pork With Peppers
|Calories Per Serving:
- 2 Limes
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium Soy Sauce
- 4 cloves Garlic (minced)
- 1 tsp dried Oregano
- 1/2 tsp dried Thyme
- 1/8 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 2 sprigs fresh Parsley (stems removed)
- 1 pound Pork Tenderloin (cut into 1 inch cubes)
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Brown Sugar
- 2 medium Onions (each cut into 8 wedges)
- 2 small Green Bell Peppers (cut into 1 inch pieces)
- 2 medium Tomatoes (each cut into 8 wedges)
- Grate the lime peel and reserve 2 tablespoon of it.
- Squeeze the lime to take out the juice.
- Mix the soy sauce, garlic, oregano, thyme, cayenne, parsley, lime juice and the lime peel.
- Pour half a cup of this marinade into a resealable plastic bag.
- Now add the bay leaves and pork into the bag. Seal the bag and turn to coat the chops with the marinade.
- Keep for refrigeration for 2 hours.
- In a skillet, heat the oil and add the sugar, and stir till bubbly.
- Take the pork chops, and reserve the marinade. Cook the chops till both sides are brown.
- Then reduce the heat and add the onions, peppers and the marinade.
- Cook for 15 minutes till the vegetables are tender.
- Add the tomatoes and then cook for another minute.